Turkey Stock – Right For All Blood Types
Homemade stocks frozen in individual batches provide a great head start for preparing any number of sumptuous dishes. A good stock is basic to any sauce, soup, or stew. Creating a stock really takes very little effort, and Thanksgiving leftovers provide a great base for the stock. Simply clean the bones of the “bird,” and use them in the recipe, or purchase necks and backs from the butcher for the basis for a healthy stock. Either of these methods will provide a tasty stock. Turkey is Neutral for Type O, Type A, and Type B, and Highly Beneficial for Type AB – a perfect stock for all blood types! Turkey, once considered only a holiday bird, is now available year-round. The ingredients should always be fresh. A turkey stock can also be enhanced by mushroom stems, herbs, onion peels, leek stalks, or celery leaves. Don’t add vegetables, such as, broccoli, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts; they are cruciferous vegetables which will add an unpleasantly sulphurous taste and odor to the stock.
- 1 medium turkey carcass, picked fairly clean (reserve any leftover meat for soup)
- 2 onions, roots removed, skins on, and cut into quarters
- 3 large carrots cut into chucks
- 3 stalks celery, washed and cut into large pieces
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley, including stems, washed
- Fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, to taste
- Bay leaf or sage
- Fill a very large (5 to 6 quart) stockpot three-quarters full with water. Add all of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer at least 2½ hours. The stock should reduce by a third. Let cool to room temperature, and skim any foam or fat from the surface. Refrigerate. Once cold, the fat will harden on top of the stock. At the same time, the foam will sink to the bottom. Stock made with bones will gel when cold. The stock can be frozen in convenient pint and quart containers.
Makes approximately 4 quarts
Jennifer’s Blood Type Diet Success StoryJanuary 12th, 2017
Eat Right for Your Type — Twenty Year’s LaterJanuary 10th, 2017
Dr. D’Adamo’s Favorites for Holiday GiftsDecember 20th, 2016
Turkey Stock – Right For All Blood TypesNovember 26th, 2016
Turkey/Chicken Pot Pies – Right For All Blood TypesNovember 25th, 2016