Thanksgiving Stuffing – Right For All Blood Types
Here is a wonderful, easy to make stuffing that can be effortlessly adapted to each blood type by swapping out spelt bread with an appropriate bread of your choice. You can also experiment with substituting different dried fruits, like cherries or prunes, which give an equally festive and tasty result.
- 8 slices whole grain or white spelt bread
- 2 cups chicken, turkey, or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or black strap molasses
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of fresh ground pepper (omit according to your blood type)
- Toast the bread slices until lightly browned. Allow the bread to cool, then cut into 1-inch squares. Place in a 2-quart heatproof bowl.
- Add stock to a 2-quart sauce pan. Add the thyme, maple syrup (or molasses), and the cranberries/dried fruits of your choice. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the stock mixture over the bread pieces. Crack the egg and add to the mixture along with the salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with butter or oil of choice. Spoon the stuffing into the dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Lightly brown the stuffing under the broiler and remove from oven.
- Serve with turkey and all the trimmings and enjoy this delicious and healthy stuffing.
Jennifer’s Blood Type Diet Success StoryJanuary 12th, 2017
Eat Right for Your Type — Twenty Year’s LaterJanuary 10th, 2017
Dr. D’Adamo’s Favorites for Holiday GiftsDecember 20th, 2016
Turkey Stock – Right For All Blood TypesNovember 26th, 2016
Turkey/Chicken Pot Pies – Right For All Blood TypesNovember 25th, 2016