Wild Mushroom Soup
The rich, earthy flavor of wild mushroom soup is a warm, welcoming hug on a chilly winter evening. Not only is it delicious, it is easy to make, and the entire recipe takes less than a half hour from stove to table.
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 and a half cups)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of fresh wild mushrooms that are right for your type. Wipe clean and slice thin to yield about 5 cups.
- 2 tablespoons, plus one teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups of right for your type broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
- 3 tablespoons of dry sherry (sherry is a type of wine – ok for all types), if desired
- 1/4 cup of right for your type milk (soy, almond, rice)
Place the ghee and olive oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it’s beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, 2 Tbs. of the thyme, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook until the mushrooms become limp, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add the broth, scraping up any browned bits in the pot with a wooden spoon. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to maintain a simmer,and cook until the mushrooms are tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Transfer about half of the soup to a stand blender and process until smooth. Return the mixture to the pot and stir in the milk and sherry. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed, and reheat. Garnish each serving with a small pinch of the remaining 1 tsp. thyme.
Serve with a crusty, right for your type bread and a salad of seasonal greens.
Jennifer’s Blood Type Diet Success StoryJanuary 12th, 2017
Eat Right for Your Type — Twenty Year’s LaterJanuary 10th, 2017
Dr. D’Adamo’s Favorites for Holiday GiftsDecember 20th, 2016
Turkey Stock – Right For All Blood TypesNovember 26th, 2016
Turkey/Chicken Pot Pies – Right For All Blood TypesNovember 25th, 2016