Thanksgiving No-Corn Cornbread Recipe
Cornbread is a typical Thanksgiving family favorite, but what do you do when corn is a no-no on your Blood Typeor GenoType Diet? You improvise, of course! Kristin O’Connor, co-author of our Eat Right for Your Type Personalized Cookbooks, designed this amazing cornmeal-free recipe that will trick your taste buds into thinking you’re indulging in something decadent! Whip up a batch and re-create grandma’s cornbread stuffing on Thanksgiving, or serve it throughout the winter as a hearty side with chili or soup.
- 1 cup millet flour
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch turmeric
- 3 large whole eggs
- ¾ cup rice milk
- 4 tablespoons of ghee, melted and cooled plus more for greasing
- 2 tablespoons agave
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with ghee.
- Start by combining dry ingredients in a large bowl: millet flour, quinoa flour, rice flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and turmeric. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients: eggs, milk, ghee, and agave. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until free of lumps.
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Once bread has cooled, you can achieve a toasty crust by turning the oven up to 400 degrees and cutting the bread into 1 inch cubes. Place cubed bread on a baking sheet in a single layer and toast 6-8 minutes, flipping once so that bread becomes evenly toasted and slightly browned around the edges.
Find more delicious, simple to prepare recipes in the Eat Right for Your Type Personalized Cookbooks (great budget-friendly gifts at only $10.80 each).
Jennifer’s Blood Type Diet Success StoryJanuary 12th, 2017
Eat Right for Your Type — Twenty Year’s LaterJanuary 10th, 2017
Dr. D’Adamo’s Favorites for Holiday GiftsDecember 20th, 2016
Turkey Stock – Right For All Blood TypesNovember 26th, 2016
Turkey/Chicken Pot Pies – Right For All Blood TypesNovember 25th, 2016