Supplements to Increase Muscle Mass
Increase muscle mass and get the most out of not only your exercise, but even your regular daily activity. Supplementation, in addition to exercise, can help even the ‘average joe’ increase lean muscle, maintain healthy weight, lose unhealthy fat, feel and look better:
- Prevent Muscle Loss
- Increase blood flow to muscles throughout the day, not just during exercise – carrying the vital nutrients to muscles for repair and growth
- Help Maintain Healthy levels of testosterone
- Enhance your body’s ability to control and eliminate excess estrogen
A FEW MUSCLE-SPECIFIC NUTRIENTS
- N-acetyl Cysteine may help to preserve muscle glutamine levels, facilitating muscle growth. One study showed that NAC prevents the catabolism of muscle proteins in persons who undertake isotonic exercise. (Found in the Redoxa formula).
- Calcium D-glucarate is a form of glucaric acid, which among other things, is utilized in the body to enhance the process by which the body rids itself of excess steroid hormones such as estrogen and testosterone. (Found in Dr. D’Adamo’s Detoxical-D formula.)
- Nitric Oxide Enhancement is often recommended by trainers and professional athletes. It increases blood flow to working muscles to promote muscle growth, increases strength, speeds muscle recovery and sustains long lasting blood flow to the muscles. Researchers also believe that NO is active in regulating activities of the brain, lungs, liver, kidneys, and the immune system. Nitric Oxide is a “signaling molecule.” For example, it can tell the body to make blood vessels relax and widen. When NO is produced by the innermost cell layer of the arteries, the endothelium, it rapidly spreads through the cell membranes to the underlying muscle cells. Their contraction is turned off by NO, resulting in a dilatation of the arteries. (Found in Dr. D’Adamo’s Nitricycle formula.)
- Aromatase Inhibition Interesting new research areas in muscle health is the role of hormones in the process. For example, in men, aromatase activity increases with age, converting what little testosterone is left into estrogen. In women, most of the research on aromatase inhibitors addresses the treatment of clinical conditions known to be linked with excess estrogen production or sensitivity. Aromatase inhibitors are used by the bodybuilding community to increase lean muscle mass and decrease body fat. Maintain healthy hormone levels naturally and increase lean muscle while decreasing body fat. (Found in Dr. D’Adamo’s Aromastat formula.) Dr. D’Adamo also recommends Quercetin for additional aromatase inhibition.
- Cortisol Modulation Cortisol’s primary action involves increasing blood sugar levels at the expense of muscle tissue. On a chronic basis it will lead to insulin resistance and an alteration in body composition from muscle to fat. In addition, research shows that high cortisol tends to increase your appetite. As a general rule, when you are overweight you will have chronically elevated levels of cortisol. Fat tissue accelerates the production of cortisol, and high levels of cortisol promote weight gain.Cortiguard was developed by Dr. D’Adamo especially for Types A and B, but can be supplemental for all types. Type A typically exhibits excess cortisol production during times of occasional stress.
No Coconut? Why?February 27th, 2015
Want to Look Younger? Avoid These FoodsFebruary 26th, 2015
Cooking For Families With Multiple Blood TypesFebruary 25th, 2015
Dining Out on the Blood Type DietFebruary 20th, 2015
Top Energy Boosting FoodsFebruary 18th, 2015
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.