Fish Tacos for Cinco de Mayo!
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with delicious grilled fish tacos! These flavorful take on Mexican will have you yelling, “Ole!”
- 1 zucchini, cut in to half moons
- 2 small or 1 large onion(s), quartered
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 of 1 Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cod fillets
- 4 spelt, quinoa, or rice tortillas
- 1/2 of an avocado, cut into thin slices (if approved for your blood type)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded right for your type cheese, if desired
- Lime wedges, if desired
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- In a large bowl, mix together the veggies, oil, lime juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin.
- Put veggies on skewers or in a grill bowl.
- Reserve the dressing that was left at the bottom of the mixing bowl.
- Cook on grill turning occasionally until tender.
- With paper towels pat fish dry, pour the reserved dressing from the vegetables over the fish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin.
- Place on sheet of foil and put on the grill.
- Cook fish 3 to 5 minutes on each side, flipping only once.
- In a skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Warm tortillas individually for 1 or 2 minutes each.
- To assemble taco’s, flake fish into bite size or smaller pieces. Layer fish, vegetables, avocado and cheese in the center of the tortillas. Serve with lime wedges to be squeezed over the taco’s, if desired.
Ghee-A Right for All Types Kitchen EssentialJuly 24th, 2015
Summer SoufflesJuly 14th, 2015
Cooking For Families With Multiple Blood TypesJune 13th, 2015
Blood Type Specific Sugar Balancing SmoothiesMay 21st, 2015
White Bean and Wilted Greens SoupApril 18th, 2015
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.