Oil Pulling for Health
Oil pulling, an ancient Ayurvedic folk practice, dates back 3,000 to 5,000 years to traditional Indian medical remedies. Advocates claim swishing any type of oil in your mouth every day will whiten your teeth, reduce bacteria, strengthen your gums and jaw, improve your skin, clear your sinuses, prevent ?bad breath and even protect against heart disease.
While we’re not advocating that you stop brushing and flossing, adding oil pulling to your oral routine certainly couldn’t hurt. Simply add a tablespoon of cold pressed oil, such as sesame or olive oil, and swoosh it around in your mouth for about 10-15 minutes, then spit it out.
According to oil pulling advocates, there are many benefits to oil pulling, including:
- Overall strengthening of the teeth and gums and jaws
- Prevention of diseases of the gums and mouth, such as cavities and gingivitis
- Prevention for bad breath
- Potential holistic remedy for bleeding gums
- Prevention of dryness of the lips, mouth and throat
- Possible holistic treatment for TMJ and general soreness in the jaw area
What’s our take? Go ahead and give it a “swirl” it can’t hurt and it could possibly do some good!
Your August HarvestJuly 29th, 2014
Are You Addicted to Your Cell Phone?July 14th, 2014
Gut Bacteria and Blood Type – The Key to HealthJune 9th, 2014
Blood Type and Cardiovascular HealthJune 8th, 2014
Plant a Right for Your Type Herb GardenMay 27th, 2014
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.