Greens and Beans Salad
By Kristin O’Connor
This delicious salad is excerpted from Personalized Living Using the Blood Type Diet® e-cookbooks.
- 1 head escarole
- (Type O – 1/2 cup canned adzuki beans)
- (Types A and AB – cooked or canned pinto beans)
- (Type B – canned white beans) rinsed and drained
- 2 cups snap peas
- 4 cups string beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (O and AB Non-Secretors substitute agave)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
How to Make it:
- Wash escarole and pat dry. Tear into a large serving bowl, top with beans and set aside.
- Boil snap peas and string beans for 3 minutes, and shock in a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Lay the peas and beans on a kitchen towel to dry and add to escarole.
- Make dressing by whisking mint, lime juice, cumin, garlic, honey/agave, olive oil, and sea salt in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad and serve.
Recipe Photo: © Kristin O’Connor
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.