Farmers Vegetable Soup Recipe
Farmers Vegetable Soup
An immune boosting soup that boasts a harvest of savory vegetables
- 3 medium onions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium turnip, peeled, cubed 1-inch pieces
- 1 small parsnip, peeled, cubed 1-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups broth [chicken, beef, or vegetable depending on your blood type]
- 3/4 cup sherry [optional]
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 large stalk of celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup or more of baby spinach leaves
- 2 5-inch sprigs of rosemary
- sea salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT:
In a large stock pot, add vegetables and seasonings to 6 cups of water, plus 6 cups of beef, chicken, or vegetable broth and sherry.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer with lid for about 30-45 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Many different root vegetables will work in this versatile, homey soup. Fennel can be used in the place of or in addition to one of the other root vegetables – mix and match to your blood type and taste preference.
For a heartier meal, add diced cooked protein (chicken, firm tofu, beef) and Berlin Natural Bakery’s Amish Country Spelt Noodles to the bottom of soup bowl before ladling soup into the bowl.
Categories: Recipes: All Types
Tags: all blood types, recipe, vegetable soup, winter recipe