Your boss needs a report done today…your kids want dinner…your mother is on the phone…and the dog needs to be walked…did I mention that the holidays are just a few weeks away?
Feel overwhelmed? Stressed out? Want to run away? Who wouldn’t!?
There is a better way.
Keeping your sanity when it feels like life is getting out of hand can be a challenge. Below are a few tips for keeping your cool when stress levels shoot up.
1. Deep Breathing . The key this stress-buster is to breathe deeply from the abdomen, getting as much fresh air as possible in your lungs. When you take deep breaths from the abdomen, rather than shallow breaths from your upper chest, you inhale more oxygen. The more oxygen you get, the less tense you will feel. To start, sit in a chair with a straight back. Inhale deeply through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Try to inhale enough so that your lower abdomen rises and falls. Take 5-10 deep breaths.
2. Move. It may sound silly, but put on some music and dance. Did you know that dance is used as a clinical therapy? Getting your body to move and listening to fun, lighthearted music releases tension and endorphins (those happy chemicals in your brain!).
3. Step Away From the Electronics. Being connected is great…but too much connection can make your brain feel like a desktop computer with too many tabs open at one time. Inevitably, it and you, will crash!
4. Let Go of Perfection. Sometimes we are our own harshest critics. Let go of perfection and the dive to “do it all.” Do what’s essential and let the rest go.
5. Take Ten. Take ten minutes and just sit in silence and quiet your mind. Even if it means escaping to the bathroom or going for a drive. I take the dog out for a 15 minute walk after dinner while my family cleans up the dishes. If I was feeling stressed out before, I’m completely calm and happy to see everyone again when I return.
I’m also a huge fan of our Cortiguard formula. Being a Blood Type A, I tend to get very stressed out (double that during the Holiday season!). But approximately 15 minutes after taking a Cortiguard, I feel a wave of calm that quiets my anxiety-prone mind and gives me a sense of well-being. Cortiguard is the right for your type stress relief for people who are Blood Type A and B, and Catcheol works for Types O and AB. Give it a try!
Are You Addicted to Your Cell Phone?July 14th, 2014
Gut Bacteria and Blood Type – The Key to HealthJune 9th, 2014
Blood Type and Cardiovascular HealthJune 8th, 2014
Plant a Right for Your Type Herb GardenMay 27th, 2014
5 Healthy Changes to Make Right NowMay 12th, 2014
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.