Escarole Wraps with Sage Walnut Cream Sauce
By Kristin O’Connor
Chef Kristin O’Connor provided us with this recipe that is good for all blood types (ingredient exclusions noted).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped okra
- 2 cups chopped white onion
- 2 cups chopped white button mushrooms (substitute beneficial mushroom)
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (A, AB omit)
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 head escarole
Sage Walnut Cream Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 large Turkish fig
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons almond (or rice) milk
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped sage
- sea salt to taste
How to Make it:
- Sauté olive oil, okra, onion, mushrooms in a large sauté pan over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until vegetables become soft. Add chili powder and paprika and cook an additional minute.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- While the vegetables cook, puree all Sage Walnut Cream ingredients in a food processor until smooth (this will take a few minutes).
- After the vegetables are finished cooking, peel individual leaves off the head of escarole and turn the leave so that it is cupped in your hand. Place a small amount of filling down the rib of the escarole and wrap the leaf around the filling almost like a burrito. Turn the stuffed escarole seam side down in a baking dish. Continue stuffing escarole until the filling is used.
- Top escarole with the walnut cream sauce and bake for 8-10 minutes. Escarole will soften and will be warmed through.
- As an addition, you can add cooked rice or quinoa to the vegetable mixture when stuffing or serve with rice or quinoa.
Ghee-A Right for All Types Kitchen EssentialJuly 24th, 2015
Summer SoufflesJuly 14th, 2015
Cooking For Families With Multiple Blood TypesJune 13th, 2015
Blood Type Specific Sugar Balancing SmoothiesMay 21st, 2015
White Bean and Wilted Greens SoupApril 18th, 2015
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.